Key Roles and Responsiblities
- Promote a responsible self-regulatory environment.
- Focus on issues and activities important to Members by providing scientific strength and a credible co-ordinated voice to Government, the Media and key Stakeholders.
- Create the most favourable economic and regulatory operating environment by advocating best practice and accountability.
- Align and optimise South Africa with global regulatory standards.
- Enhance the value of the association to Members by addressing their local/international needs in an efficient manner.
- Promote social responsibility through the activities of the Look Good Feel Better programme.
Through effective industry and government consultation the CTFA can assist, advise and be responsible for industry self-regulation, by:-
What We Do
- Bringing together cosmetic manufacturers, contract packers, importers, distributors, raw material suppliers and packaging companies in South Africa, in order to promote collaboration, common goals and understanding within the membership;
- Representing the industry in dealings with government and other authorities;
- Agreeing on regulations and standards to the benefit of the industry and the safety of consumers;
- Advocating international harmonisation and recognition;
- Improving trading and manufacturing conditions for the industry, both locally and in the export market;
- Being perceived by members as being a positive and proactive association that represents industry viewpoints and stimulates business development;
- Ensuring members are kept up-dated and well informed about technical matters and key issues;
- Providing a forum for members to network, collaborate and work together for the benefit of the industry, thereby building a secure, progressive and viable industry;
- Providing ongoing communication to members of the association regarding work that is relevant to their business and the South African cosmetic industry in general;
- Providing members with advice and assistance in crisis situations.
LOCAL COSMETIC ENVIRONMENT
CTFA 4th Edition Cosmetic Compendium
Please note there is a more user friendly version of the CTFA 4th Edition Compendium PLUS available on the Members Only webpage which also include the SABS Standards.